Thursday 9 March 2017

Clever Self Soothing Baby

Hi,

It's Thursday night and I have just been editing and uploading the latest video onto my YouTube channel, Chopsworld. I feel the need to write a little blog post.

Tonight is the first time that Alanna, our 5 month old daughter, has successfully self soothed herself to sleep. I put her in her cot whilst she was drowsy at 9:20pm, she was chatting to herself for a bit and I could hear her playing with her cot toy, which wraps around the cot side like a snake so that it is safe, then eventually she was silent and is still asleep now as I write this at 10:50pm.

I am sure that when we climb into bed in a minute Alanna will wake up but I am still counting this as a success!!! I believe we may have levelled up, but I don't want to get too cocky as I am aware that what works today may no work tomorrow. These babies aren't half complicated little munchkins.

We have had a lovely day today, my Mum visited us and took us out for lunch to a local cafe. Alanna slept while I ate a roasted pepper and hummus sandwich which came with chips and a salad, my Mum had a BLT and then we shared a slice of orange and lemon cake. I realise now that I should have taken pictures but I forgot, please forgive me as I am still very new to this.

Anyway, I am off to bed now, night night.

1 comment:

  1. Roast pepper and hummus sandwich sounds well fit. You have good taste in sandwiches! So glad Alanna is beginning to self soothe and sleep better for you too :-)

    ReplyDelete